These rules apply to all categories below.
- Provide at least three intermediate steps to show the process of creating the picture (for categories 1-3).
- If you have a signature in the picture, it will be removed during the voting. You may provide an unsigned version for this purpose.
- Previously released material is not allowed. The explicit display of sexual organs is prohibited.
- Work should not contain material offending persons or other parties, nor racistic or pornographic material.
- Please attach file_id.diz text file with description of your entry as follows:
Full name of work: Old nudists
Compo: 53С Graphics
The deadline is November 24th 2018, 4:00 UTC.
Entries can be submitted through http://events.retroscene.org, or sent to email@example.com (if you sending *.scr files, please change the file extension to *.scp, to pass through mail filters).
The online voting to be held 05:00 UTC November 24th, 2018 through 17:00 UTC November 25th, 2018 at http://events.retroscene.org
1. Oldschool Graphics
Pictures made within strict limitations of actual hardware platforms. An entry for one of these platforms can participate:
- ZX Spectrum (standard 6912 or 6144 bytes, Gigascreen, Multicolor, border area usage, Macroscreen)
- Commodore 64 (HiRes, Multicolor)
- BK-0010/11 (standard graphics modes: 512×256 pixels in black and white, or 256×256 pixels with one of the supported 4-color palettes)
- Vector06C (256×256 pixels with 2, 4, 8, or 16 colors displayed at once, or 512×256 pixels with 2 or 4 colors, or 1024×256 pixels with 2 colors; all colors picked out of the general 256-color system palette).
Arbitrary pixel art following these limitations:
- Size: up to 256 х 256 pixels
- Color: up to 16 colors
- File format: *.bmp
3. HiEnd Graphics
Any graphics that has been created with use of a computer can be submited. This incldues:
- All kinds of digital art made with various graphics editors
- Images created and rendered with 3D modelling software (Lightwave, 3DMax, Cinema4D, and such)
- Composited images created by various means (Photoshop processing, rendering, photos, collages, hand drawn, etc)
4. Procedural graphics
An entry to participate in this compo is a small size ZX Spectrum program that creates a static picture on the screen.
- Arbitrary topic. If you can follow the general topic, you’re welcomed!
- Platforms limited to ZX Spectrum 48К or 128К only
- Any programming language (BASIC, assembler, others)
- Maximum code size is 1024 bytes
- The program should display a standard screen of 6144 or 6912 bytes. Multicolor, Gigascreen, or border effects is not allowed
- No need to exit BASIC, an infinite loop is fine
- The program should set all needed colors, including border color, within its code
- The resulting picture should not depend from previous RAM contents or system state, and always remain the same
- Up to 5 minutes for precalculation
- Voting will be done for the resulting picture itself, visual effects during its generation is not considered
5. Realtime 53С
This contest will have a topic that is going to be announced November 19th 2018, 9:00 UTC.
At the moment there is two web based editors available for this format:
Download links for ZX Spectrum graphics editors:
Art Studio for ZX-Spectrum 48 by James Hutchby
Artist 2 for ZX-Spectrum 48 by Bo Jangeborg
Burial GFX Editor v3.09.03 for ZX-Spectrum 128 by Delirium Tremens, Freedom’01, Dart Alver’17
ZX-Paintbrush for Windows by Claus Jahn
Multipaint for MacOS, Linux, Windows by Tero Heikkinen
Multiartist for Windows(Multicolor & Gigascreen) by TMK
other graphics tools